Sunday, November 8, 2009

the Grey Mandolin

..the grey mandolin..


not sure why I chose this piece I wrote back when I had just met my father @ 25 yrs old...or the goo donator... I liked ta call um...but I guess there has to be a first to everything...unless I am wrong about that too...
this came to me in the moonlight...on a porch in South Carolina...where I had retreated from the reality of the madness I found myself in...and like a lot of my ramblings, songs, thoughts...it just seemed to come from outta nowhere to the somewhere I found myself at the time...like I was used by another...anyway...he gave me a mandolin...because I had told him I was into music...& I wrote this immediately after...on a brand new instrument...that for some reason was familiar to me...

Seemingly...through the night, he came to chastise them...
Sneaking up from behind...the devil embraced his soul...
She was so fine, he never wanted to let go...
reeking havoc on his mind...laying waste to his soul...

Somebody's got to pay...it might as well be you...I know it happened that way...cause I saw the truth...written on the wall...

In spite of the madness... she refused to take the fall
During the hour of gladness...She took a stand against them all
But she had no choice... It was destined from the start
Than down came the voice...Tearing his world apart

Somebody's got to pay...it might as well be you...I know it happened that way...cause I saw the truth...written on the wall...

Like a thief in the night...time had taken its toll...
No divine Intervention...they never want to let go...
But, they have no choice...It was destined from the start...
Down came her voice, Tearing their world apart….

No comments:

Post a Comment